Thursday, January 26, 2012

Coffee addict!

One of the worst things that can happen to a coffee drinker, happened to me this morning. I ran out of my favorite flavored creamer. It's a seasonal item, so buying more isn't an option.

Luckily for me, I keep the powdered non-flavored stuff on hand. My MIL uses it, since she doesn't like flavored coffee. I thought I'd try my hand at making my own version of my favorite, peppermint mocha.



Ingredients:
1 part Powdered non dairy creamer
Peppermint extract
Cocoa powder
1 part hot water
1 part cold water
Sweetener of choice (sugar, splenda, equal, stevia)

I saved my old creamer bottle, rinsed it out, and took off the label. You can also use a mason jar.

Mix equal parts of hot water and creamer in your container. Shake well until all powder is dissolved.

Add 1 teaspoon peppermint extract(1/2 a teaspoon if you don't like it strong) and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Shake well until all powder is dissolved.

Add an equal part of cold water, and again shake. You can also add your choice of sweetener to this, or just add it to your coffee separately. Will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. I go through a small bottle every 2-3 days(I drink LOTS of coffee.)

This will save me a lot of money, since I keep all of the ingredients on hand!

You can also use different extracts(like vanilla or almond) or even try the specialty flavored syrups (hazelnut, caramel.) The possibilities are endless!!


Mmmmmm, coffee........

No comments:

Post a Comment