Friday, August 31, 2012

Slow Cooker Pork Loin

I love my slow cooker. I use it weekly for many, many meals. It is a busy mom's best kitchen helper!



In an effort to post more, I thought I'd share what I made for dinner tonight with you all. I always get rave reviews from my family when I make this, and even my picky eater likes it.



What you'll need:
1 pork loin roast - I usually get a 3lb roast, which is enough for two meals for our family of 4.
2-3 russet potatoes - washed, quartered, and each quarter cut into thirds
2-3 carrots - washed, peeled, and sliced
2-3 stalks of celery - washed and sliced
1 packet dry onion soup mix
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
2 cups hot water

You can cook this two ways, either on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. Just make sure to cook the pork to an internal temp of 170.

I let the beef bouillon cubes dissolve in the hot water while I'm preparing the vegetables. They usually just smash right up after soaking for a bit.

Chop your veggies, and put them in the bottom of the crock pot, put the roast on top.

Mix the beef bouillon, water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion soup mix together, and pour over meat. Put lid on crock pot and let cook. Enjoy!

Since I have leftover roast, tomorrow night I plan on shredding it and putting it into my small crock pot and making pulled pork. Mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment