Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

My recipe box is a collection of recipes from a variety of sources in my family. It was my father's, which he in turn gave to me when I had my own home. It's a mixture of recipes from my grandmothers, stepmoms, and even him!

I have no clue where this pumpkin bread recipe came from. It *looks* like my grandmother's handwriting, but I cannot be sure. Regardless, it's delicious, and makes 3 loaves!
Ingredients:
1 cup cooking oil (I usually use Safflower oil)
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (Make your own by mixing 1 part of each:nutmeg, ground cloves, allspice, ginger and 2 parts cinnamon.)
2 tsp baking soda
1 16oz can of pumpkin (I use my own puree, and substitute 2 1/2 cups here)
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix together oil and sugar. Add pumpkin and mix well. Add dry ingredients and beat thoroughly. Add eggs and beat well.

Grease and flour three loaf pans, or 3 1lb metal coffee cans. Bake for 1 hour, checking after 45 minutes.
You can also add chopped nuts or cinnamon chips to this recipe for a yummy add in, but it is also delicious without!

No comments:

Post a Comment