Thursday, November 15, 2012

My temporary No Sew Curtain

We are still in the process of getting everything moved, the last things to be moved are my craft supplies. Over half of them are still in the old apartment, including my thread and a majority of my fabric.

However, I hate having naked windows. Even though I live on the second floor, I still like to have all of my windows covered at night. This led to a desperate search for a temporary curtain, until I can make some to fit the odd window in my bedroom.

It was ridiculously easy. I took an old jersey sheet I had laying around. I cut it in half, and then cut off the top side seams. This opened up a pocket for the tension rod. Since it was a full size sheet, I left the width so I could ensure the window would be covered. The result worked fairly well, despite the ugly green color.

Since the sheets are jersey, they will not unravel. This sheet was originally going to be a maxi dress for me for the summer, but I never got around to making it. So, it has a second life as a temporary curtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment