Friday, December 7, 2012

Apology for my absence

I just wanted to take a moment and apologize to my fans for not posting in a while. As usual, I've been extremely busy, and this is a "finals" week for me. My online classes are only 9 weeks long, so every 9 weeks, I have 2 huge projects due.

However, this past week has taken a huge toll on me. I have a post I've been meaning to do, but just haven't been able to do it yet. Why? Long story.

I woke up Sunday morning with pain in the arches of my feet. By Sunday evening, the pain had spread to my ankles, shins/calves, knees and hips. By Monday morning, the pain was up into my back, as well as my wrists and hands. I went to Prompt Care, since I was unable to get into my doctor for 2 weeks. He diagnosed me with bilateral joint pain, which I already knew, and prescribed me an anti-inflammatory. By Monday night, the pain had spread all the way up to my shoulders and neck, leaving me in a lot of pain any time I moved, sat, or stood. I went to bed that night, hoping I would wake up in less pain the next day and that maybe I overdid it or something.

I woke up Tuesday morning, and the pain was worse. I could hardly walk, doing dishes killed me, and forget about playing on the floor with my children. Tuesday night, I decided to go to the ER, the pain was getting worse, and ibuprofen, Aleve, and Tylenol were just not helping a thing. I had also tried ice, heat, a warm bath, and even stretching. Nothing worked. I spent 5 hours in the ER, only to be told the same thing, they didn't know what was wrong. They gave me some pain medication as well as a steroid. As I was driving from the ER to Walgreens to fill the prescriptions, a cop decided to pull me over. By the time I reached Walgreens, I was in so much pain I could barely breath or talk. It felt like a gallbladder attack, but I had mine removed in 2009, so I knew that wasn't it. The cop had pulled me over to warn me about my license plate light being out, but ended up calling me an ambulance instead, as there was no possible way I could drive back to the ER. So, within 15 minutes of leaving the ER, I was right back there. I saw a different doctor, and handed him my discharge papers from earlier. He told me I was suffering from condylitis in my ribs. He referred me to a rheumatologist, and told me to continue to take the steroids and other meds.

So here it is Friday, and I'm still in pain. The steroids helped the first day, but now I'm back to feeling like I did before. The pain meds are enough to dull the pain, as I did not want anything that knocked me out due to my children. I can't get in to see my doctor until the 17th, and the rheumatologist's office hasn't called me back yet. All of my blood tests came back normal, so I really have no idea why I'm in pain, just know that I am. Typing this post has been incredibly painful, as is doing anything these days. I'm hoping to wake up each day in less pain, but as the days wear on, the pain gets worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment